Certificate of Pregnancy Massage for Spa/Beauty Therapists
Introductory Pregnancy Massage Course
This one day course will give you the skills to confidently massage your pregnant clients. Pregnancy is a very special time in a woman’s life. Many physiological changes occur to her body during the three trimesters. Understanding these changes will help you to determine the outcome of your treatment. It will give you the confidence and guidance to apply appropriate pregnancy massage to your clients.
This course is tailored to spa and beauty therapists, however it is also suitable for midwives who have a knowledge of massage. This course can be delivered to spa staff to assist them with pregnancy massage treatments. A signature-style massage can be designed for your spa to meet the growing demands of the blooming pregnancy massage market.
- Seminar times are 9am to 5pm.
- Comprehensive seminar notes will be provided at the commencement of the seminar.
- Morning & afternoon teas provided.
- Further information (parking, accommodation, lunch venues etc) will be sent on receipt of payment.
- A 15% fee will be incurred on all cancellations.
- Due to limited seating no refunds will be given 14 days prior to the start of seminar.
- POSITIONS STRICTLY LIMITED TO ENROLLED STUDENTS.
- Introduction to pregnancy massage.
- Learn how to apply a full body pregnancy massage that focusses on relaxation techniques.
- Introduction to the physiological changes to a woman’s body during the first, second and third trimesters.
- Endangerment sites.
- Lying positions appropriate for pregnancy.
- Draping / client comfort.
- Massage techniques.
As women have the choice of remaining at work during their pregnancy they are finding the need to nurture and care for themselves through this important time. Massage helps to gain this balance, as well as heighten the mother-baby connection.
We will train you to deliver specialist pregnancy massage so you will be able to confidently support busy mothers-to-be. With our training you can expand your services to cater to the varying needs of your pregnant clients, from conception right through to delivery and beyond.
For more information contact Pregnancy Massage Australia.