Certificate of Pregnancy Massage Course forSpa & Beauty
Pregnancy Massage Course
This course will give you the skills to confidently massage your pregnant clients. Pregnancy is a very special time in a woman’s life. Many physiological changes occur to her body during the three trimesters. Understanding these changes will help you to determine the outcome of your treatment. It will give you the confidence and guidance to apply appropriate pregnancy massage to your clients.
This course is tailored to spa and beauty therapists and can be delivered to spa staff to assist them with pregnancy massage treatments.
A signature-style massage can be designed for your spa to meet the growing demands of the blooming pregnancy massage market.
As women have the choice of remaining at work during their pregnancy they are finding the need to nurture and care for themselves through this important time. Massage helps to gain this balance, as well as heighten the mother-baby connection.
We will train you to deliver specialist pregnancy massage so you will be able to confidently support busy mothers-to-be. With our training you can expand your services to cater to the varying needs of your pregnant clients and Baby-mooning market.
Melbourne: 1 & 2 September 2018
Adelaide: 8 & 9 September 2018
Melbourne: 10 & 11 September 2018
Hobart, Tasmania: 15 & 16 September 2018
Brisbane: 20 & 21 October 2018
Sydney: 10 & 11 November 2018
Melbourne: 24 & 25 November 2018
Course duration: 2 day course
Course fee: $649*
*Early Bird offer – Includes GST
View the Course Brochure | Enrol Now|
We will introduce you to the many benefits of massage during pregnancy – you will learn techniques and gain the confidence to massage and treat pregnant clients.
• Develop awareness to the physiological changes during pregnancy
• Begin to understand body changes, and the effects on various bodily systems
• Joints and muscles affected during pregnancy
• Introduction to some of High Risk conditions unique to pregnancy and contra indications for massage during pregnancy
• Pregnancy myths will be explained and identified including endangerment sites reflex points and acupressure points
• Alleviate the myths of first trimester massage
• Review of the three trimesters, including lying positions appropriate for pregnancy through each trimester
• Draping – client comfort and privacy
• Massage techniques appropriate during pregnancy
• How to prepare for a pregnancy massage treatment
• Full body massage demonstrated
You will begin to develop massage skills to treat some specific musculoskeletal conditions, which pregnant clients will present with.
• How to prepare a pregnancy massage treatment and assess the client for massage treatment
• Massage techniques during pregnancy – develop appropriate applications for each trimester
• Application of gentle release techniques for hip pain with a focus on gluteal muscles
• Application of gentle Myofascial hip mobilisation
• Myofascial Piriformis release unique for pregnancy
• Introduction to shoulder releases and mobilisation to reduce pregnancy posture changes
• Introduction to abdominal massage unique to pregnancy, which helps create a supportive mother-baby connection.
• Seminar times are 9am to 5pm.
• Course is suitable for Massage Therapists (Cert IV & Diploma), Myotherapists, Naturopaths, Osteopaths and Acupuncturists.
• Also suitable for midwives and beauty therapists who have a knowledge of massage.
• Comprehensive seminar notes will be provided at the commencement of the seminar.
• Morning & afternoon teas provided.
• Further information (parking, accommodation, lunch venues etc) will be sent on receipt of payment.
• A 15% fee will be incurred on all cancellations.
• Due to limited seating no refunds will be given 14 days prior to the start of seminar.
• POSITIONS STRICTLY LIMITED TO ENROLLED STUDENTS.