Start with a Certificate of Pregnancy Massage
Discover the many benefits of massage during pregnancy
Pregnancy is a very special time in a woman’s life that creates significant physiological, structural, and psychological changes. Understanding these changes will help you, the massage therapist, to determine the outcome of your treatment. It will give you the confidence and guidance to apply appropriate therapeutic massage to your pregnant client.
During the course you will study the gentle application of massage for pregnant women, and the appropriate techniques and style of application suitable for each trimester. You will discover how beneficial massage is during pregnancy and beyond.
Download the Brochure
- Seminar times are 9am to 5pm.
- Course is suitable for Massage Therapists (Cert IV & Diploma), Myotherapists, Naturopaths, Osteopaths and Acupuncturists.
- Also suitable for midwives and beauty therapists who have a knowledge of massage.
- Comprehensive seminar notes will be provided at the commencement of the seminar.
- Morning & afternoon teas provided.
- Further information (parking, accommodation, lunch venues etc) will be sent on receipt of payment.
- 15% of your course fee and a $150 administration fee will be incurred on all cancellations.
- No refunds will be given 14 days prior to the start of the course.
- POSITIONS STRICTLY LIMITED TO ENROLLED PAID STUDENTS
We will introduce you to the many benefits of massage during pregnancy – you will learn techniques and gain the confidence to massage and treat pregnant clients.
- Develop awareness of the physiological changes during pregnancy
- Begin to understand body changes, and the effects on various bodily systems
- Joints and muscles affected during pregnancy
- Introduction to some of high risk conditions unique to pregnancy and contra indications for massage during pregnancy
- Pregnancy myths will be explained and identified Endangerment sites including reflex points and acupressure points will be explained
- Review of the three trimesters, including lying positions appropriate for pregnancy through each trimester
- Draping – client comfort and privacy
- Massage techniques appropriate during pregnancy
- How to prepare for a pregnancy massage treatment
- Full body massage demonstrated
You will begin to develop massage skills to treat some specific musculoskeletal conditions, which pregnant clients will present with.
- How to prepare a pregnancy massage treatment and assess the client for massage treatment
- Massage techniques during pregnancy – develop appropriate applications for each trimester
- Application of gentle release techniques for hip pain with a focus on gluteal muscles
- Application of gentle myofascial hip mobilisation
- Myofascial piriformis release unique for pregnancy
- Introduction to shoulder releases and mobilisation to reduce pregnancy posture changes
- Introduction to abdominal massage unique to pregnancy, which helps create a supportive mother-baby connection